Monday, May 11, 2015

Week Two

Fresh off the weekend, I arrived back at Salesforce offices today to interview Sam Chung, Senior Vice President of finance and emerging businesses over coffee. His sense of humor and good-spirited personality was contagious. He had an incredible skill in that he made himself completely relatable whilst establishing my respect, a tactful ability that is hard to come by. My favorite quote from the interview was: "If you are the person that says 'I'll take that job' regardless of what it is, it shows you have the drive and the attitude. And that's going to go a long way." My interview with Sam was followed shortly after by an interview with Scott Henderson, Vice President of sales compensation strategy and operations. I appreciated his openness and willing to share his experiences, stories, and expertise with me. I even recommended he take a good look at Marin Academy when his kids are ready for high school. I attended the Q1 Consolidated Results Review during lunch, where I enjoyed the meeting dynamic; much like a socratic seminar, nearly everyone readily participated, sharing their own perspectives, insights, and understandings in order for the group to succeed. It did not matter which individual had which job focus; everyone had something integral to contribute. To finish the day, I interviewed Ross Meyercord, Chief Information Officer. He was personable, intelligent, and engaging, three things I am sure have certainly helped him reach the position he is in today. I appreciated his approach to a career: "While it's great to have a plan and an idea of where you want to go, let the path lay out before you; don't force yourself to stay on that tight narrow path." It is this flexibility I am sure that has contributed to his success.










No comments:

Post a Comment