Friday, May 15, 2015
Learning to Take Opportunities
Today started with an interview of Daryl Yee. I thought his tax perspective of Salesforce was new and interesting. I loved his idealistic view of career goals: "I believe you can really accomplish a lot. The world is your oyster. You can do anything that you want and set your mind to if you work hard." I loved this positive outlook; it is something I will definitely keep in mind as I approach college and eventually enter the work force. I finished the day with an interview of Tim Lynn, Senior Vice President of the chairman's office. We bonded over USC; his stories of the business program, the language classes he wished he had focused more on, and the rushing process made me even more excited to be living next to Tommy Trojan this fall. But beyond our college common ground, I loved his perspective on careers: "You can decide where to go to school, what to study, and where to go for your first job. But those are the only things you can control. Otherwise, who knows who is going to come in your life or what opportunities will show up." What I've learned from being at Salesforce is that fear of the unknown is all too real in career choices; not knowing how the decisions you make today will affect your success tomorrow often prevents individuals from taking risks they later wish they had taken. What I've learned from being at Salesforce is that sometimes it is important to jump off that cliff, take a chance on something that will pay off in the long run, and do not be bound by anxiety of what will come next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment