Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Interviews, Interviews, Interviews

I began this morning by talking with Jake Stanbury, Finance Manager, who was visiting San Francisco from the Indiana offices. He was personable and answered all of my questions in an extremely thought-out fashion. I feel lucky to have met with him given that he was only in the city for a short time. I then met with Kim Bollin afterwards, an equally thoughtful human being. She answered each interview question carefully and with much consideration. She had one of my favorite answers after I asked her to define corporate finance: "Corporate finance is much like skin on a body." I liked that she took a unique approach to the question, looking for a metaphorical response rather than a straightforward definition. After lunch, I talked to USC alum Michelle Zauss, who was incredible self-aware, strong, and intelligent. I appreciated her take on the structure of companies: "The idea of a hierarchical pyramid is slowly over time evolving away from how companies like us operate and succeed." I liked that she took a step back to answer the question from a broader and more futuristic standpoint; I am sure this ability to see the bigger picture has helped her achieve the success she has made for herself.









No comments:

Post a Comment