Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Productivity

While today lacked the glitz, glimmer and glamour that typically comes hand in hand with a first day anywhere, today was nonetheless interesting. I spent most of the day doing my own work: typing a transcript from yesterday's interview, continuing work on two videos (one for how employees define corporate finance and one for why employees enjoy what they do here), and beginning my presentation for the end of the month. I received one of my favorite responses to the question "Why do you enjoy what you do?" from Rachel Greenberg, Senior Analyst of SEC reporting and technical accounting, who said, "Working on the SEC Reporting team allows me to interact with many different groups at Salesforce, such as Legal, Finance & Strategy, and Public Relations. By collaborating together on regular basis, we are able to ensure the disclosures in our SEC filings are comprehensive, effective, and compliant. Supporting one another is key - and I love that about my job." I think her response nicely demonstrated what, after only two days, I have quickly learned: Salesforce's culture is like no other, founded on the principle of support, ensured with an emphasis on collaboration, and solidified with an unspoken and universal respect for one another. To finish my day, I coordinated with Michelle Monaghan, Executive Assistant during the afternoon to organize a busy schedule for the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment