Monday, May 4, 2015

New Beginnings

Today was best described as a day of firsts: the first meetings and interviews, the first introductions to chipper, social, and excited staff members, and the first of many Salesforce days in the wonderfully foggy world of San Francisco. Upon arrival I was instantly met with smiles and friendly faces, my own warm welcome into the floor 9 family. I was equipped with every salesforce employee necessity: a desk, a company laptop and monitor, and work phone. I was even taken for coffee on the 27th floor like a true employee. But as I quickly learned, time is never wasted in this world of corporate excellence; introductions lasted less than an hour before I was already mid-way into my first meeting with Scott Siamas, Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate and Securities, and Assistant Secretary. It was here that I experienced yet another first: my first contract. At only 10 am, I was swiftly explained what I was and was not allowed to publish, prompted to sign a confidentiality agreement and acknowledgement, and told to read and sign a code of conduct agreement, my homework assignment for the day. My first interview followed only hours later with VP of business operations, Ari Shmorak, whose willingness to share, amicability, and incredible expertise truly left me in awe. I can only hope the following days will be filled with as many provocative conversations, extraordinary employees, and impressive firsts as today.



No comments:

Post a Comment