My day began quickly with an interview of Craig Smith, Parter at Ernst & Young. I found his emphasis on having a breadth of interests and hobbies refreshing in a world where so often it seems employees can be boxed in by titles, positions, and specific responsibilities. I then moved an entire two conference rooms to the right to meet with Doc Tran, Vice President and International Controller. He came equipped with a slideshow outlining what exactly he does on a daily basis and was more than happy to provide nicely composed answers to my questions. After lunch, I met with Nicole Cleary, Director of sales compensation crediting operations, whose innovation and vision were truly inspiring and Jeffrey Snyder, Nicole's energetic and kind employee. Despite their different journeys to Salesforce, their message was very clear: people building skills are crucial in any business setting. My last meeting of the day focused on the FY16 quarterly close, where new customer accounts, current obstacles, and future issues were discussed in great detail. While I am prohibited from publishing most of the content, this was definitely one of my favorite meetings. I found the presentations and ensuing discussion comprehensive, interesting, and thought-provoking.




No comments:
Post a Comment