Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Business as Usual
I began today with an interview of David Havlek, Senior Vice President of Finance; his intellect was without question impressive and he embodied a lively persona of his own. He had a way with humor and a mastery set of skills when it came to team bonding; I can confidently say he is an incredible leader. I then took a phone call with Larry Tomlinson, Salesforce board member and former executive at Hewlett-Packard. I appreciated how open he was; he continuously told me stories of his children and grandchildren, making the conversation more personal. It was incredible to get advice from someone who had been in the corporate world for so long. While I do believe age is for the most part just a number, his years of experience and expertise that could only come from time were incredible. For lunch I attended a "Lunch and Learn," which is best explained as a forum to connect employees with executives to promote a sense of camaraderie, connectedness, and togetherness. After lunch, I met with Shea Malcolm, Partner at Ernst & Young, whose kind nature was almost palpable. I finished the day with a Q1 Cash Flow Review Meeting, where I took notes for the group and watched as they furiously debated the depreciable assets; it was a great feeling to actually contribute to the team's work in the small way that I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment