Friday, May 22, 2015

The Last Day

After attending Joe Allanson's staff meeting and interviewing Mark Hawkins today, it was with a heavy heart that I swiped my badge at 50 Fremont for the last time. With great sadness, I left behind the packed days of interviews, lively meetings, and of course the business casual attire. But like many stereotypical graduation speeches start, today was not an ending, so much as it was a beginning. Leaving Salesforce meant that for the first time, I have the ability to apply what I have learned to the world beyond 50 Fremont. I can't wait to take all the lessons I have accumulated with me as I graduate high school in the coming weeks, approach a college education, and begin a hopefully long and successful career. As an old photographer David Bailey once said, "The best advice I ever got is that knowledge is power." So I finish my three weeks at Salesforce with an incredible amount of power, the power to recognize, accept, and utilize the incredible words of wisdom I have received. I feel grateful to have had the experience I did. I feel grateful to have had conversations that made me not only a better perspective employee but also a better person. I feel grateful to have been a part of the truly special community of qualified, intelligent, and engaging people that Salesforce is even if I wished for more time. I consider each person I interacted with in these last three weeks a mentor, and if I have learned anything these past weeks, it's that no one can have too few mentors.

No comments:

Post a Comment